Heavy Combination (HC) Truck
0418 830 319
Heavy Combination – HC Truck Training
The HC truck training course gives you the skills and knowledge to drive a Heavy Combination Truck (semitrailer, or truck and dog trailer) and obtain an Unrestricted HC Truck Driver’s Licence.
Getting a Heavy Combination – HC Truck Licence
Follow these steps to upgrade your current driver’s licence to drive a Heavy Combination Truck.
Step 1. Check the truck licence class specifications and the minimum truck driving experience requirements for the Truck licence you need below.
Step 2. If you hold a current driver’s licence and meet the minimum truck driving experience requirements for the desired licence class, you can drive a motor vehicle of that class without a learner’s permit – but only under learner’s permit conditions and laws. If you meet the minimum truck driving experience requirements you can now book and pay for driving lessons here.
Format: HC Truck training is delivered on a one-to-one basis as separate sessions. You can undertake HC Truck driver training using the Competency Based Training (CBT) logbook method of training and assessment, or through HC truck lessons followed by a Vehicle On Road Test (VORT).
Duration: Average 20 – 25 hours
Heavy Combination – HC Truck Class Specifications
- A motor vehicle authorised to be driven by a licence of a preceding class.
- A prime mover to which is attached a single semi-trailer (whether or not any unladen converter dolly or low loader dolly is also attached).
- A rigid motor vehicle to which is attached a single trailer with a GVM greater than 9 t (whether or not any unladen converter dolly or low loader dolly is also attached). DRIVER’S LICENCE MUST BE CARRIED IF DRIVING A VEHICLE OVER 4.5 TONNE GVM
Minimum Driving Experience
- Must have held a class MR Truck licence or HR Truck licence for at least one year.
- Have no outstanding business (i.e. unpaid parking fines or speeding tickets).
- Existing medical conditions must be advised prior to enrolment as some clients may be ineligible to undertake this training.
- Use vehicle and systems required during Heavy Combination Truck driving tasks.
- Utilise operational and maintenance procedures and systems for Heavy Combination Truck driving tasks.
- Read and interpret relevant regulations, instructions, signs and labels applicable to Heavy Combination Truck vehicle driving.
- Loading and securing Heavy Combination Truck (vehicle and trailer).
What to Bring to Your Session
- Photo Identification (Australian drivers licence, passport)
- Driver’s Licence and abide by the conditions of your learners permit – e.g. wear prescription spectacles.
- Wear enclosed footwear.
Professional truck training and licencing for all truck classes in SA – Light Rigid (LR), Medium Rigid (MR), Heavy Rigid (HR) and Heavy Combination (HC)