Heavy Combination (HC) Truck
(08) 8151 0189
Heavy Combination – HC Truck Training
The HC truck training course gives you the skills and knowledge to drive a Heavy Combination Truck (semitrailer, or truck and dog trailer) and obtain an Unrestricted HC Truck Driver’s Licence.
Getting a Heavy Combination – HC Truck Licence
Follow these steps to upgrade your current driver’s licence to drive a Heavy Combination Truck.
Step 1. Check the truck licence class specifications and the minimum truck driving experience requirements for the Truck licence you need below.
Step 2. If you hold a current driver’s licence and meet the minimum truck driving experience requirements for the desired licence class, you can drive a motor vehicle of that class without a learner’s permit – but only under learner’s permit conditions and laws. If you meet the minimum truck driving experience requirements you can now book and pay for driving lessons here.
Format: HC Truck training is delivered on a one-to-one basis as separate sessions. You can undertake HC Truck driver training only using the Competency Based Training (CBT) logbook method of training and assessment.
Duration: Average 20 – 25 hours
Heavy Combination – HC Truck Class Specifications
- A motor vehicle authorised to be driven by a licence of a preceding class.
- A prime mover to which is attached a single semi-trailer (whether or not any unladen converter dolly or low loader dolly is also attached).
- A rigid motor vehicle to which is attached a single trailer with a GVM greater than 9 t (whether or not any unladen converter dolly or low loader dolly is also attached). DRIVER’S LICENCE MUST BE CARRIED IF DRIVING A VEHICLE OVER 4.5 TONNE GVM
Minimum Driving Experience
- Must have held a class MR Truck licence or HR Truck licence for at least one year.
- Have no outstanding business (i.e. unpaid parking fines or speeding tickets).
- Existing medical conditions must be advised prior to enrolment as some clients may be ineligible to undertake this training.
- Use vehicle and systems required during Heavy Combination Truck driving tasks.
- Utilise operational and maintenance procedures and systems for Heavy Combination Truck driving tasks.
- Read and interpret relevant regulations, instructions, signs and labels applicable to Heavy Combination Truck vehicle driving.
- Loading and securing Heavy Combination Truck (vehicle and trailer).
What to Bring to Your Session
- Photo Identification (Australian drivers licence, passport)
- Driver’s Licence and abide by the conditions of your learners permit – e.g. wear prescription spectacles.
- Wear enclosed footwear.