Light Rigid (LR) Truck Licence
0418 830 319
Light Rigid (LR) Truck Licence Training
Need Light Rigid (LR) Truck Licence Training? Want to drive a vehicle in the Light Rigid Truck Class?
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to drive a Light Rigid Truck and obtain a LR Truck Driver’s Licence to drive a small delivery truck, van, tipper, special purpose vehicle or bus designed to carry 13 or more seated persons.
Getting a Light Rigid (LR) Truck Licence
Follow these steps to upgrade your current driver’s licence to drive a Light Rigid Truck.
Step 1. Check the licence class specifications and the minimum driving experience requirements for the licence you need below.
Step 2. If you hold a current driver’s licence and meet the minimum driving experience requirements for the desired licence class, you can drive a motor vehicle of that class without a learner’s permit – but only under learner’s permit conditions and laws. If you meet the minimum driving experience requirements you can now book and pay for driving lessons here.
Format: LR Truck driver training is delivered on a one-to-one basis as separate sessions. You can undertake LR truck driver training using the Competency Based Training (CBT) logbook method of training and assessment, or through lessons followed by a Vehicle On Road Test (VORT).
Duration: Average 6 – 10 hours
Light Rigid (LR) Truck Class Specifications
- A motor vehicle authorised to be driven by a licence of the preceding class.
- A motor vehicle with a GVM greater than 4.5 t but not greater than 8 t.
(e.g. trucks, vans, tippers, special purpose vehicles, and buses designed to carry 13 or more seated persons)
- A bus with a GVM not greater than 8 t.
- A motor vehicle included in 2 or 3 towing a single trailer, subject to the combination mass limits fixed under the Road Traffic Act 1961.
MAY TOW: any farm implement. Any trailer provided the overall mass is within the Gross Combination Mass (GCM) of the towing vehicle. DRIVER’S LICENCE MUST BE CARRIED IF DRIVING A VEHICLE OVER 4.5 TONNE GVM
Minimum Driving Experience
- Must have held a class C (Car) licence for at least one year.
- Have no outstanding business (i.e. unpaid parking fines or speeding tickets).
- Existing medical conditions must be advised prior to enrolment as some clients may be ineligible to undertake this training.
- Use vehicle and systems required during Light Rigid driving tasks.
- Utilize operational and maintenance procedures and systems for Light Rigid driving tasks.
- Read and interpret relevant regulations, instructions, signs and labels applicable to Light Rigid vehicle driving.
What to Bring to Your Session
- Photo Identification (Australian drivers licence, passport)
- Driver’s Licence and abide by the conditions of your learners permit – e.g. wear prescription spectacles.
- Wear enclosed footwear.