Medium Rigid (MR) Truck Licence
0418 830 319
Medium Rigid (MR) Truck Licence Training
This course is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge to drive a Medium Rigid Truck and obtain a MR Truck Driver’s Licence to drive a medium sized delivery truck, or an MR class coach, school buses, MR class buses or motor homes.
Getting a Medium Rigid (MR) Truck Licence
Follow these steps to upgrade your current driver’s licence to drive a Medium Rigid (MR) Truck.
Step 1. Check the licence class specifications and the minimum driving experience requirements for the licence you need below.
Step 2. If you hold a current driver’s licence and meet the minimum driving experience requirements for the desired licence class, you can drive a motor vehicle of that class without a learner’s permit – but only under learner’s permit conditions and laws. If you meet the minimum driving experience requirements you can now book and pay for driving lessons here.
Format: MR Truck Licence training is delivered on a one-to-one basis as separate sessions. You can undertake MR Truck driver training using the Competency Based Training (CBT) logbook method of training and assessment, or through lessons followed by a Vehicle On Road Test (VORT).
Duration: Average 10 – 15 hours
Medium Rigid (MR) Truck Class Specifications
- A motor vehicle authorised to be driven by a licence of a preceding class.
- A motor vehicle with two axles and a GVM greater than 8 t (e.g. two axle trucks, tippers and buses).
- A motor vehicle included in 2 towing a single trailer (other than a semi-trailer) with a GVM not greater than 9 t, subject to the combination mass limits fixed under the Road Traffic Act 1961.
- A special purpose vehicle with a GVM not greater than 15 t.
MAY TOW: Any farm implement. Any trailer with a GVM not exceeding 9000 kg provided it is within the GCM of the towing vehicle. DRIVER’S LICENCE MUST BE CARRIED IF DRIVING A VEHICLE OVER 4.5 TONNE GVM
Minimum Driving Experience
- Must have held a class C (Car) licence for at least one year.
- Have no outstanding business (i.e. unpaid parking fines or speeding tickets).
- Existing medical conditions must be advised prior to enrolment as some clients may be ineligible to undertake this training.
- Use vehicle and systems required during Medium Rigid driving tasks.
- Utilize operational and maintenance procedures and systems for Medium Rigid driving tasks.
- Read and interpret relevant regulations, instructions, signs and labels applicable to Medium Rigid vehicle driving.
What to Bring to Your Session
- Photo Identification (Australian drivers licence, passport)
- Driver’s Licence and abide by the conditions of your learners permit – e.g. wear prescription spectacles.
- Wear enclosed footwear.