MULTI COMBINATION (MC)TRUCK
(08) 8151 0189
Multi Combination – MC Truck Training
The MC truck training course gives you the skills and knowledge to drive a Multi Combination Truck (B-Double or Road Train) and obtain an Unrestricted MC Truck Driver’s Licence, TLILIC3018 Licence to drive a multi-combination vehicle
Training and assessment for this unit of competency (TLILIC3018 Licence to drive a multi-combination vehicle) is delivered by Australian Workplace Training Pty Ltd (RTO 40037).
Getting a Multi Combination – MC Truck Licence
Follow these steps to upgrade your current driver’s licence to drive a Multi Combination Truck.
Step 1. Check the truck licence class specifications and the minimum truck driving experience requirements for the Truck licence you need below.
Step 2. If you hold a current driver’s licence and meet the minimum truck driving experience requirements for the desired licence class, you can drive a motor vehicle of that class without a learner’s permit – but only under learner’s permit conditions and laws. If you meet the minimum truck driving experience requirements you can now book and pay for driving lessons here.
Format: MC Truck training is delivered on a one-to-one basis as separate sessions. You can undertake MC Truck driver training only using the Competency Based Training (CBT) logbook method of training and assessment.
Duration: Average 20 – 25 hours
Heavy Combination – HC Truck Class Specifications
- A motor vehicle authorised to be driven by a licence of a preceding class.
- Any motor vehicle or combination of motor vehicles except a motor bike or motor trike. (Includes B doubles; road trains).
DRIVER’S LICENCE MUST BE CARRIED IF DRIVING A VEHICLE OVER 4.5 TONNE GVM
Minimum Driving Experience
- Must have held a class HR Truck licence or HC Truck licence for at least one year.
- Have no outstanding business (i.e. unpaid parking fines or speeding tickets).
- Existing medical conditions must be advised prior to enrolment as some clients may be ineligible to undertake this training.
- Use vehicle and systems required during Multi Combination Truck driving tasks.
- Utilise operational and maintenance procedures and systems for Multi Combination Truck driving tasks.
- Read and interpret relevant regulations, instructions, signs and labels applicable to Multi Combination Truck vehicle driving.
- Loading and securing Multi Combination Truck (vehicle and trailer).
What to Bring to Your Session
- Photo Identification (Australian drivers licence, passport)
- Driver’s Licence and abide by the conditions of your learners permit – e.g. wear prescription spectacles.
- Wear enclosed footwear.